Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Arid...

How to start this blog, I have started it time and time again. I feel it so necessary to write but unsure of the words, or where to begin. So honesty is where Ill start. For many valid reasons I have missed church for about a month and a half... Always something, mostly my work schedule which I allowed, our vacation and other less worthy reasons. Not only have I missed church but missed our life group meetings as well. So in fact I had not attended anything with believers for a very long time. I stand in awe at the folks that can have a strong spiritual life without church, I for one cannot.

So back from vacation, we went to church last Sunday, I felt a desperation, not afraid to go, just desperate to go, I longed for that touch that only Christ can give. We walked into the sanctuary, I felt the touch of the King, the daddy, my Lord and Savior, so personally, so powerfully, so sweet, honest and loving. No condemnation for being away so long, no anger, maybe a hint of sadness for the emptiness He knew I was feeling, the shell that is me depleted of all that is Him. Without Him I am nothing but a hard mound of flesh, full of all things bad, however when He fills this person I am, goodness runs freely. I am truly nothing, all things good in me are indeed from Him.

The touch that day, throughout that service, the tears ran down my face as I felt the acceptance once again, as I reconnected with my life blood, the one who comforts me, the one who assures me that all is well with my soul. The only way to describe my human condition that day is arid, arid means dry, dry as a bone, severe lack of available water, cold dry human flesh surrounds me but when Christ dwells in me all is made new, I am filled with the sweet life giving water found only in Him. I am alive in Him, dead when I stand alone. I praise Him who again resurrected me from the dead.... Thank you my Jesus for saving me from myself again and again...


Yours for always,






Your little girl loves you....






No comments: