Monday, November 10, 2008

New life

Last month I was blessed to watch the birth of Kaidan James. It was an incredible emotional moment in my life, watching my baby have her baby. Her determination to give this young life all that was in her was moving to say the least. The birth was not the easiest thing for me, being a nurse you think you have it all together, that you can handle it... well girls let me tell you it is different when it is your own laying there, at one moment I felt that horrible I am for sure going to faint feeling. I didnt but I was sure I was gonna...

Great friends gathered around Jess and I, held us up when we were tired, reminded us to rest when we could, and to eat when we should. Held me when I cried and reminded me so often that God was on the throne and he surely had my babies in his strong hands. And He did... Kaidan was born 16 hours later to a room full of relieved nurses and doctors and jubilant family and friends. He was finally in our presence and I for one was in love. That night I drove home, tears running down my face, relieved, full of joy, so in love with this new little man in our life. Blessed that my husband was by my side, but mostly glad that God once again protected mine and kept them safe from harm. He is a wonderful little man and I am so excited to get to know him and hear him call me grandma...

No comments: